Friday, August 26, 2016

Maybe it is time to Boycott the Big O show

     So, all week Orlando Alzugaray wanted to see the defense, create pressure, stop the run, and do a better job tackling, etc.  So, after the Dolphins did exactly that, he decided to pick apart Tannehill who was obviously running and executing this new uptempo offense pretty dadgum good.  Why would we show all of our deep routes?  RT had plenty of time in the pocket.  He could have shown some deep stuff with Stills or Parker, but why would he... it is preseason.  For Orlando to say this offense is more of the same is just a guy who is picking at old scabs, which is exactly who Big O has become.  He is offensive.  His constant beratement of Ryan Tannehill is old and tired.  I remember Orlando saying he would trade Matty Ice straight up for Tannehill  in a second (he is still pissed we took Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan).  How about now?  Would anyone make that trade now?  Not me!

     I believe Tannehill is the best guy for this new offense.  I sincerely believe it was a coaching issue, not a QB issue.  I think the rest of the league will begin to see it as well.   Back to the point.  I am so sick of you Big O.  I love my Dolphins.  I don't want to hear you trash them all the time.   Your opinion means nothing to me anymore.  I'm done with your show.   I Boycott you.

     Another point about the game that was missed by most of the media in general.  The LB play last night was the best I've seen in years.  All six guys...  If that is what is coming, wow.  Misi looks healthy.  When he is, he is pretty darn good, and it shows.



Like This Article ? :

15 comments

avatar

I thought LBers were very good last night as well. Also though Tannehill looked comfortable and sure about where he was going with the ball. I also thought RB was good enough, not sure what everyone is crabbing about. Improvement at one CB and get Cameron to lose the butter fingers at TE and we are "good". With upside for sure!!

avatar

I agree with this article 100%. Matter of fact, i am sick and tired of almost all the beat writers, particularly Omar Kelly.

avatar

I agree with this article 100%. Matter of fact, i am sick and tired of almost all the beat writers, particularly Omar Kelly.

avatar

Dude, you are singing to the choir. You are so right. I know it has been rough for Phins fans for a while, but the upgrades on this team are so evident, people need to leave the negativity behind. It's a brand new day.

avatar

O Kelly is way worse than BiG O.
Big O is so damn real, sometimes it hurts. His points are usually valid, though I cringe to agree. However, I did not hear him today. He has no point in saying anything negative on RT today, less for one thing -that is RT having constant throws batted down...at least one per game it seems. Last night's was an INT, but all else ? Come on, the QB performed. The whole team did really. I will take 10 wins like last night's all day long !

avatar

O Kelly is way worse than BiG O.
Big O is so damn real, sometimes it hurts. His points are usually valid, though I cringe to agree. However, I did not hear him today. He has no point in saying anything negative on RT today, less for one thing -that is RT having constant throws batted down...at least one per game it seems. Last night's was an INT, but all else ? Come on, the QB performed. The whole team did really. I will take 10 wins like last night's all day long !

avatar

Edwin, I don't say Orlando is ignorant. He pretty much knows his stuff, but his beratement of "Tannykill" as he likes to say is old and tired. This is a team sport. That is why coaching matters most. I am so tired of picking apart everything in preseason... for God's sake, at least wait until we lose a few games that matter. If he would say things like, "I'd like to see Tannehill work on pocket presence" or "ball placement needs work," but no today he complained about red zone failure. Why? We scored twice in the redzone. And, Tannehill's third down conversion rate was great. Instead, "Atlanta is horrible, that was no real test." The phins are damned if they do what is expected or not. Enough is enough. I'm done listening to his show.

avatar

Spot on as usual. LB's looked terrific. The old dolphins media is done. Locked in the past, they will be forced to bandwagon when it is too clear they missed the boat. Kinda like how they are all JUST NOW waking up to Foster, something this blog was on from day one. Forget the losers. Read this blog and come correct.

avatar

I love it Jay. You're right. There is a growing groundswell of support for a more upbeat and positive model of reporting and the time is now.

avatar

You know something else. Atlanta was number one after two preseason games in rushing the football on offense. Our defense completely shut that down. Not a word from the media....

avatar

I total agree. The Big O is a big Phins hater. I live in Orlando and was driving home from the game with his show on. Everything he said was totally wrong about the game. He was saying how horrible the linebacker play was. and nothing but bad things to say about Tannehill. I don't think even watches the game with a open mind. Stop hating or get off the air!

avatar

Yeah man. I know. He wears hater contacts. He only sees what he preconceives.

avatar

First time I've commented on this site but you guys are on point. Time for some fresh blood in the S.Fl. media. Thanks for saying what so many of us are thinking.

avatar

Thanks Ken! Welcome to the movement!