Friday, August 26, 2016

I'm sold. The Dolphins will contend this year.

     I don't want to hear it Armando, Omar, Chris, David, James, Orlando and all you other beat writers (and other media guys) who can't see what is happening.   Kim, Joe, Channing and Andy see it.  This is a contender in the making.   This is a competitive team now.

     Do we have some holes?  Sure.  Every team does.

     However, the biggest hole has finally been filled.  Coaching!   I have the biggest man crush on Head Coach Adam Gase.   We have a coach that is loved and respected by his fellow coaches and most importantly the players.   It is so obvious, Gase will help Quarterback Ryan Tannehill maximize his talents while minimizing his shortcomings.  Andy Cohen, a beloved long time writer covering the Dolphins since 1980 says that it is night and day, the difference Gase makes in the building.  He says he has Don Shula characteristics, approachable and well respected.  When you listen to Peyton Manning, he expresses his respect for Coach Gase's mind as an innovative offense thinker, as keen as there is the league.  This is Owner Ross' best hire by far.

     So, all you negative nannies please stop harshing my buzz.



     
Like This Article ? :

12 comments

avatar

I agree...

avatar

Couldn't have said it better!-(though I'd like to get something off my chest too!) After last week all I heard was how horrible we're going to be this year. After last night those same people are saying "oh you can't take anything from that win, it just the preseason". Well hater beat writers, & fake phins fans-which is it, huh???!! Yes, WE ALL KNOW, we have some weak spots, & deficiencies. BUT so does EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE! The difference is not found in "perfection on the field", that doesn't exist. (The Broncos had qb problems ALL YEAR. The Pats entire offense consisted of Brady, & Gronk, without a offensive line, or wide recievers(slightly exaggerated, but all in all pretty true)). No, Champions figure out how to minimize problem spots, lean on their strengths, & mask their weaknesses. Something we as Dol-fans can now expect to see, now that we have a true leader! So, to all you fake, negative "so called" Phins fans, just shut it, & watch! I don't want to see y'all jump on the bandwagon half way through the year when we're doing better, acting like you were "behind the team" all year. Phins up baby!!!!

avatar

Well said EBret. I love my phins win or lose. But, when you solve the coaching problems, it makes this ride so much sweeter. It really does start wear on me to listen to Omar and Big O, et al. They only accentuate the worst aspects of the team. It drains me. It is why early in the season, I always see the best possible outcome. Personslly, I think the AFC East it loaded with talent, so, only great coaching can make the difference. And, finally I am convinced we have great cosching!

avatar

Your spot on as well!! And I feel yah', when it comes to Omar, & etc. It's also one of the reasons were voted "worse fans" every year. I don't mind reporters reporting. Even if it's not good. But when I read an article(like I JUST DID) unfairly, & fraudulently bashing "Thill, & gang", WE AS Phins FANS NEED TO CHALLENGE THEM. Yes ARMANDO....... A..R..M..A..N..D..O.. -Your article after the Atlanta game bashing Thills play????! Really??? Did you even watch the game, or just look at the stats, and enter your usual drivel between the lines. It's downright fraudulent, and you should be held accountable for your thoughtless, rehashed garbage! -(sorry, that article tonight got me heated...)-lol!

avatar

I totally agree. I'm not thinking championship but we will definitely contend for the playoffs this year. There won't be an of season swoon like 2014.

avatar

I am officially boycotting the Big O show. I'm sick of his slant. It is just too much for way too long.

avatar

Call me Uncle Upper!

avatar

Gase looks good. I like a lot of his staff members too.

I am wondering where the line for the Seattle game winds up this week.

avatar

πŸ™‚πŸ˜‰.... We need to ALSO hold SOME of our fan base to account. I'm tired of the overboard talk, tossing the WHOLE organization under the bus the MINUTE we have a single bad play. I don't mind fair, & balanced(no I don't work for fox, we play on cbs😜), but our fan base needs to GET BEHIND THE TEAM!-for better or worse! We will have some TOUGH GAMES, & years(as we know too well). Just listening to Mike and Mike on mon. after the game, and EVEN THEY said nothing but good things-and THATS AFTER A LOSE!!-(though it should have been a winπŸ€•). Come on Phins Fans, Lets COME TOGETHER & SUPPORT OUR TEAM!! They can use it!