Wednesday, September 14, 2016

5 Reasons The Dolphins Will Win vs New England

Let's get down to business:

1.)  The Miami defensive line will dominate New England's jerry-rigged offensive line.  The Patriots will be forced into short passing all day on offense, and this plays into Vance Joseph's scheme.  The Dolphins are long and athletic on the outside, quick and nasty on the interior.  Jimmy G will be throwing into tight windows.  I like when rookies try that.

2.)  Miami's safeties and mobile linebackers will feast on New England's semi-athletic receivers.  New England exploited bad tackling by the Cardinals.  Bad tackling happens a lot in week one under the new CBA (too few contact practices.)  The Dolphins strength on defense is at the safety position, and our linebackers cover better than they run stuff.  If Suh and company dominate up front, the Patriots will have to run by passing in the 3-5 range.  Sure tackling will stall drives, and a few deflected passes may come down in friendly hands.

3.)  Miami's offensive line will protect.  Against this Defensive line, our retooled O line will have a field day.  New England will have to blitz to get pressure.  And their linebacking unit is depleted and below average.  Tannehill will have plenty of chances to throw over the coverage.

4.)  Miami's running game should get going.  Arizona averaged 5.4 yards per carry against the Patriots.  They got pass happy.  Gase will not make this mistake.  If Foster has "it", he'll get plenty of chances to show it.

5.)  The Patriots are fat and happy- Miami is pissed.  Watch Jarvis Landry, Reshad Jones, and Cam Wake's body language Sunday.  Contrast it to the playing-with-house-money Pats.  When a team finds a win between the couch cushions (terrible snap on special teams) and another is coming off of a week where they know that they left it- multiple times- on the field, there is a possibility for a motivation gap.  Miami may end up benefiting from the Patriots' good fortune last week.

In the end, I think Miami will win by a comfortable margin.  Remember, I also told you to take Miami plus 10 a month before the Seattle game.  Phins up.

Jay Lopez
Like This Article ? :

15 comments

avatar

Amen Mr Lopez - Amen.

avatar

Your points # 4 & # 5, Jay, I like the best.
I will couple that with no T.Brady. A running game for a change, that the Phins will commit to > Foster, Ajayi, D. Williams, which will give RT 17 some chances to throw. PS - wake up K Stills !!! Mia 23- NE - 16

avatar

Your points # 4 & # 5, Jay, I like the best.
I will couple that with no T.Brady. A running game for a change, that the Phins will commit to > Foster, Ajayi, D. Williams, which will give RT 17 some chances to throw. PS - wake up K Stills !!! Mia 23- NE - 16

avatar

I like your optimism...I hope Williams passes the concussion protocol...if so...I think the Pats are in for some trench warfare. I didn't think the Cardinals were sharp Sunday night. They looked flat...I think Gase will have dem' boys ready...go PHINS!!

avatar

I like your optimism...I hope Williams passes the concussion protocol...if so...I think the Pats are in for some trench warfare. I didn't think the Cardinals were sharp Sunday night. They looked flat...I think Gase will have dem' boys ready...go PHINS!!

avatar

Let me first say, I love the phins and I'm an optimist so I do think they have a helluva shot up there. That said, the patriots looked strong in travelling across the country to play a very good team. I think the game features two well coached teams. With Gronk back, this will help the patriots turn short passes in to first downs. I also think we are well coached, creative, and will have some wrinkles of our own. I think it will come down to winning the turnover battle and I predict a Phins win 20 - 14.

avatar

I like what I see here! Thoughtful, solid reads all. Jason: I agree on Mario- crucial.

avatar

I love your optimism Jay and hope to hell you're right! I worry about our ability to stop Edelman on those quick slants. Kiko wasn't so great in pass coverage against Seattle - gave up way too much YAC. If Gronk is in there, well you know our challenges against him in the past but we'll see. I really hope we go in there and punch em in the mouth on both offense and defense. If we can establish the run and stick with it, it could really help us open the playbook in the passing game and also tilt time of possession in our favor, keeping our defense fresh enough to dominate in the fourth quarter. Phins up!!

avatar

Yeah man!!! Change the culture! I agree 100%. We are going to snack on some Patriots. Tannehill is going to eat up that Defense. Hell, after last week. Our Offensive line will have no problem with NE's Blitzes... It will be a cake walk!

avatar

Thanks Mark. I think this team warrants belief. The starters are good- time to shine.
MadPhins: you know we have to drive out the ghosts and make this fan culture strong again- by speaking truth, unjaundiced by past disappointments. Phins UP!

avatar

Miami 16-13 in OT

avatar

Love it Carl! But I think the score will be high in this one.

avatar

0 for 5, Jay. Just saying….

avatar

Fair play, my man. Wasn't prepared for the terrible defensive scheme and the team just had no heart to open the game. I couldn't have been more wrong. Blind faith, I guess- sorry for the poor analysis.

avatar

I do think the Patriots were vulnerable- unfortunately, it will be the Texans who expose them, not us.