Monday, April 30, 2018

Hurst & Gesicki look to be the cream.


Even if you throw out the combine results; all 1st & a 2nd, you need to make your judgment somewhere.  Highlights are everywhere these days, not hard to find.
I agree with the idea about playing against D1 competition.
Looking at Hurst & Gesicki's  2018 collegiate highlights, these 2 guys were head & shoulders above the other TE's to choose from.
Some think Goedert will be the better player in the NFL.  I look at all 3 of them & Goedert is the smallest.  Yet in his highlights he appears to be playing with HS kids.
Admittedly, Hurst looked really good.  Something about watching the 2 of them, it seemed to me that Gesicki has more upside to fill into.  He looked as if he was coached very well, sound physically & athletically.
I think both Hurst & Gesicki will be standouts, but I see less recklessness in Mike making me think he will still be catching TDs when the other chaps have moved on.
He has a long career ahead of him!!

I can already see him taking over where Landry left off.  Tannehills emergency target & the deep middle.

I feel good about this team.  We are due for very minor aches & pains!!  The Football Gods need to be keeping track of these things.

Who's punting this year?
Like This Article ? :

7 comments

avatar

I agree. I think they hit the draft well and it helped that the TE position was good this year. Overall the team depth looks good with the exception of another DT which I expect they will address at some point before the start of the season.

avatar

I agree, I think we did well in the draft. However I would have liked to seen the Fins pick up a QB.

avatar

Why draft a qb.. David Fales is better than all the qb's in the draft that went after the top 4...And the top 4 have question marks as well. Thats why we didnt move up because other than Mayfield and Darnold there was nothing special. I love the guys we drafted. Speed, speed and more speed.

avatar

wtf. we got british guys posting, now?

avatar

Stop all that foolish we really didn't need a QB all the QB in the draft will be sitting Hue Jackson didn't want Mayfield that was the GM decision



avatar

What I like about the Mike Gesicki pick is that getting bigger n stronger so you can block better is far easier than taking a strong blocking TE & turning him into a great athlete capable of putting up huge receiving numbers.

avatar

What I like about the Mike Gesicki pick is that getting bigger n stronger so you can block better is far easier than taking a strong blocking TE & turning him into a great athlete capable of putting up huge receiving numbers.