Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Could'a, Should'a, Would'a, & Really, There Is A Santa Claus!

Okay, I have never been one to look back and say: "Daggonit, we should have won that game!"  or, "If we would have made that FG with 6:48 on the clock against the Chargers, we would be looking at a WC home-game!" 
Even though I do it every single year for every single close game that we could'a, should'a, & dang it, if we would'a, I'd be writing a normal Post in all black and not thinking up reasons for why we are in the position we are in year after year!
Still, if not for tripping over our untied shoelaces in Cincinnati.  And not thinking (I guess this could have been a reason) that going up by 10 points in the 4th Quarter(24-14) that we are moving the ball well enough so even if Luck gets hot, we'll get enough first downs to ice the game.
Ah heck, I can Could'a, should'a, would'a 'til the cows come home!!  Regardless, it would have been nice to win 2 Conference games on the road!
My apologies for not having anything for this weeks.....uuuhhh...game.  Or saying anything about our incredible offensive display against the Bills.  But what?  What do you say? C'mon guys, get fired up & beat the Pats!!  Or, yardage doesn't matter, it's the final score and we had more points so we win!!  You didn't outplay us, we had our eyes on the over-under total, or how many we were supposed to win by.
How ever this weekend goes, I'll be cheering for Brady to throw INTs, and for Tannehill to throw TDs!!  I do hope they play one of those fabulously inspired games.  I can think of two involving the Dolphins:  The game where the Wildcat was introduced and the Patriots had nothing for stopping Ronnie Brown.
For me though.  One of the greatest Dolphin victories of all time was a Monday Night Game when Howard, Frank, & Dandy Don were still arguing, or getting along, or just having a great time it seemed!!
In the Orange Bowl, where we were nearly unbeatable.  Mike Ditka brought the undefeated Chicago Bears in to face Dan Marino & the Dolphins, who had been the last & only team to go undefeated in the Super Bowl Era.
The Bears were FORMIDABLE!  And that is really an understatement.  If it weren't for the ego's of Ditka and DC Buddy Ryan, that Bear team could have, should have, would have won more than just one Super Bowl.  But bringing in Doug Flutie and putting him in front of two capable QBs, was......man that was the stupidest thing I've seen besides handing the bowl off instead of kneeling in the final seconds.  You think that play was Edwards claim to fame, or would he have made a great ESPN-NFL Analyst anyway??
Dang it, I rambled on again.  Oh well, I haven't expressed my feelings any time recently so I guess I'm allowed to wax rhapsodic a bit.
Go Phins!!
KNick 


Like This Article ? :