Thursday, September 08, 2016

Ross Spending Some Bucks

Love him or hate him, Ross is spending money.

I am not talking about the stadium improvements, which he deserves some credit for.

I just found out the Dolphins traveled out to Seattle today.

Think about it.

Putting up 60 players, 20 odd coaches, equipment personnel, trainers, etc in hotel rooms for at least one extra day.

Most teams flying cross country would leave on Friday instead of Saturday for a division game.

Our Dolphins are already out there.

Plus you got to feed them all. I couldn't afford to feed Cam Wake let alone Suh and Phillips or Albert or Tunsil.

Try 80 to 90 people.

And you have to get a field somewhere for Friday practice with security.

Oh yeah, add in the Dolphins security that travels with the team too.

I gotta give Ross some props.

He is truly trying to give this organization every opportunity to succeed.

He is trying to give the fans, of which he is one, something special to cheer about.

Love him or hate him, you gotta admit he puts his money where his mouth is.

Phins Up!!!

Carl Leone
Dolfan since 12/25/1971
Like This Article ? :

10 comments

avatar

Excellent point Carl! I think Ross gets a lot more criticism than he deserves. Nobody is giving the Dolphins ANY chance this year, let's hope they over achieve.

Phins up!

avatar

Excellent point Carl! I think Ross gets a lot more criticism than he deserves. Nobody is giving the Dolphins ANY chance this year, let's hope they over achieve.

Phins up!

avatar

We could surprise a lot of people with a win in Seattle.

We are not a bad team. Seattle is very tough though. Plus at home, in that loud environment, getting a win will be a daunting task.

avatar

Couldn't agree more! Ross has taken ALOT of flack. Some deserved, most.... Not. I have been holding my breath for a couple years now praying he doesn't get pushed out. He's made some bad decisions(in hind sight-which is always 50/50) but has almost ALWAYS given the organization a "blank check" for whatever it's heart desires. Which in the NFL is ALOT rarer than one might think. He just seems to have put trust in the wrong people a few times.-(which is not so rare, I might add). But I think he's finally "picked the right horse for the job" this time, and things could start finally looking up in S. Fla. I just pray the local pundits don't drive him away, and put the hands in another cheap a** owner. His money, and heart WILL eventually help bring this team around. So all you haters PLEASE keep your trash talk to yourself, we don't need another "run of the mill, cheap, heartless owner! Pleeeease!-

avatar

Great point Carl. He has and continues to do more than many owners. After 45 years of watching this team I am yet again hopeful as I like the offensive changes that give RT the chance to sink or swim. I think he has what it takes but he has to show us all. DEfense I'm a little concerned about so let's see...

avatar

Great point Carl. He has and continues to do more than many owners. After 45 years of watching this team I am yet again hopeful as I like the offensive changes that give RT the chance to sink or swim. I think he has what it takes but he has to show us all. DEfense I'm a little concerned about so let's see...

avatar

Very well put EBret.

I think we finally found another Shula.

avatar

FinFanNJ, I live in Hillsborough, NJ. Where are you from?

avatar

I have always been impressed with the fact that Ross has done everything he can to give our Phins an advantage. It's almost like he wants to see them win more than I do!

avatar

I've got HIGH hopes, and expectations for Gase.-(I'm not gonna judge him to harshly in his first year though). But I do think we'll be better than projected. If we can just get Thill to find that drive wining "it", we could turn some heads this year.