Friday, September 09, 2016

CJ Anderson: What Could Have Been

    Having just watched the NFL opener, I am pretty bummed.  I knew Miami had found their guy last year when the offer sheet was written for CJ Anderson.  I actually wanted it to have a higher number on it to make a matching offer less likely.
     Unfortunately for Miami, Denver was feeling stung by the Osweiler defection and they unexpectedly matched Anderson's sheet.  Watching the game tonight, I couldn't help but think of what might have been.  Anderson was averaging 6 yards a carry, 15 a catch, and dominating the Carolina defense.
     Good organizations make good choices.  Well done, Denver.  On Sunday we'll see if we have anyone who can run on an elite front seven.  With Anderson, we certainly would have.

Jay Lopez
   
Like This Article ? :

9 comments

avatar

I don't worry about the coulda,shoulda,woulda. It's kinda like injuries, you just never know. Main thing is to keep healthy and work with the talent that we got. I frothing at the corners waiting to destroy Seattle and their cream puff Oline.

avatar

Our D should eat their line's lunch. Seattle has invested 8,597,413 dollars in their offensive line- 32nd in the league in spending.
Miami's Dline, on the other hand, makes 42.7 million dollars. Let's hope we tear them up.

avatar

I know right. CJ is way better than all our RBs. At least I know now that our front office has an eye for talent

avatar

Its all the more unforgivable when you look at how the Bills restructured Charles Clay salary. The Dolphins IMO were correct to let go of Lamar Miller - I was never a big fan because he likely cannot be a workhorse. But Anderson was a deal to steal for the Dolphins - we BLEW IT again! Offer him a multiyear deal (Denver likes to front load their deals) and pay him enough to really hurt the Broncos if they decide to match...Then restructure -Then go get Foster to boot - then we'd have a serious backfield...One game with Moreno and we RAN the Patriots over!

avatar

Adam: Simply correct. We could have made it much tougher for them

avatar

I agree, Anderson is a beast and i was SOOOOOOOOO excited when the Dolphins made him an offer. Hopefully Foster and the other RB's can stay healthy and improve as the year goes on.

PHINS UP~

avatar

I liked the Foster signing. Just the difference between a stop gap and a SOLUTION.

avatar

I feel you. I put CJ on my fantasy team. He did his job. Not going to worry about what ifs, Brees, etc..

avatar

I feel you. I put CJ on my fantasy team. He did his job. Not going to worry about what ifs, Brees, etc..