Friday, September 15, 2017

Dolphins Open Season at Neutral Site

    Four months ago the Chargers unveiled their new logo at Staples Center in LA during an NBA game.  It seemed to make sense: connect with a new fan base that is excited to adopt its new favorite sons.  The logo flashed.  The fans responded.
    With boos- so many boos.  I laughed out loud- it was pretty hilarious.
    I am attending tomorrow's game in Carson.  It will be played in the home of the LA Galaxy, where twenty thousand vaguely committed hipsters pretend to know something of the world's most popular sport.  In between derivative songs, the fan base mills about in a pretty, airy, lazy stadium that is about as intense as a coffee bean at three in the afternoon.
     I bought my ticket to the game last night.  I scrolled around for about an hour browsing options.  I am not making this up.  I will Lyft to the game and possibly Lyft home, since cars can pretty much pull up in front of the stadium. My buddy (also a Dolphins fan) is planning on "parking in the neighborhood."
     So the good news about the Dolphins opener is that it is also the Chargers "home" opener- and LA's second team may feel very much like a jv team playing before the varsity game.  The Dolphins need a break after all the storm related scurrying, and the Home Depot Center/ Stub Hub Center may be that needed break.
     If any of you out there are Dolphins fans attending this game, give a shout.  You will hear me tomorrow.  I'll be the guy actually excited to see my team.  And chances are, I'll stand out.  Phins up.

Jay Lopez

   
Like This Article ? :

5 comments

avatar

Have fun Jay! Good for you. Be Loud and Proud!

What are you wearing so I can snoop you out on TV?

I'll be at the Jet game next week. A member of my high school football officiating crew actualky works for the Jets in their ticket dept so he set us up.

avatar

It'll be interesting to see what the TV coverage looks like. I mean, there'll be no upper deck camera angles, since there's no upper deck. May be more like watching the game in person.

avatar

It'll be interesting to see what the TV coverage looks like. I mean, there'll be no upper deck camera angles, since there's no upper deck. May be more like watching the game in person.

avatar

Hi Jay - I'm going to the game tomorrow too - will be fun checking out an NFL game in a small old school style venue with no upper deck and only a maximum of 27,000 fans - I'll be wearing my ironic Dion Jordan #95 throwback jersey - probably not many of those around tomorrow - I'm doing a homecoming triple crown of Dolphins games to start the season - LA, NYC and London - hoping for at least 2-1... see you at the game tomorrow ! Wombatdolphin

avatar

Hi All- Sorry I missed these- was just enjoying the weekend of football. Carl: travel safely and have fun! Wombat: feel like I saw that jersey! My boy has a Henne jersey so irony abounds. James: it was such a cool, old school vibe. Check out a game there before the monster, soulless, cash cow gets built!